Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If You Like Pina Coladas...

Okay, so I haven't actually had any pina coladas since I've been here, but I've had quite a number of rum drinks. A good weekend breakfast drink is the Painkiller. Now... Other than rum, I'm not exactly sure what's in it, but it does take the edge off. It's very sweet though, so I can't always have more than 1 or 2. A lot of people move on the the bloody mary... or they just start with that. Another great signature island drink is the Bushwacker. I'm definitely not sure what's in it, but it's frozen and I'm pretty sure every ingredient is alcohol (other than the ice). You can't tell though, it's so delicious. Now, just because I live on an island does not mean I drink every night, but maybe a couple of nights a week, and the weekends in particular. Though this week has been pretty active. Sunday was a long day of doing nothing but being lazy. We had some drinks and watched the Phillies, but stayed up late because the game didn't end until midnight. Monday, our catalyst vendor was on island and they took me and Alex (the other hydroprocessing engineer) out to dinner. I had an amazing filet mignon and lobster tail with a rum cake for dessert. Then Alex and I went out west to see our friend's (my new friend's) bar that he just opened up. Ayo is local to the island of St. Croix, and he's been a Moka Jumbi here, which is a traditional dancer on stilts, and now he owns a bar out west. It was a nice place, but it turned into a late night. Last night the vendor was still in town and they took us and another engineer out to a formal dinner in town. Great food and great wine, with good people, and took it later to the boardwalk for a few more drinks, turning into another late night. Tonight I am in bed early. I hope this entry is substantial enough for people who read this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment